Monday, August 2, 2010

The Acquisition Series Continues!

I had too much to say about Acquisition to confine myself to just one week, so here we go on Week #2 of my Acquisition Series. Last week, I talked about how Prospecting is different from your other mailings and how to choose between an issue-based theme and a more institutional-based package.

This week, I want to talk about the things that go into your Prospecting Letter, the tricks you can use to make people jump out of their chairs and reach for their wallets.
  • A Blockbuster Lead (Or, Grab a Potential Donor's Attention and Not Let Go)
  • Making Sure to Back Up Your Claims with Facts
  • Selling Your Organization (Remember Your Passion and Urgency)
  • Other Tricks of the Trade
I'll address a new topic each day, so keep checking back.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions? Comments? Concerns? Compliments? Post 'em here!