Friday, October 15, 2010

Five Great Fundraising Posts

In my ongoing effort to stay sharp, I spend a lot of time reading what other people have to say about direct mail fundraising. I love hearing others’ perspectives and discovering new ways to think about what I do. I wanted to share a few articles with you -- articles I wish I'd thought to write! -- that can help inspire and inform your fundraising.

Ever wondered why nonprofit direct mail packages look like they do? Here’s a helpful comparison of fundraising mail vs. other types of direct mail from Adams & Hussey

I’ve written about using emotion and passion in your fundraising before. But here’s a great article from Contributions Magazine that lays it all out for you. 

I wrote a whole series on appeal letters, but if you want another excellent summary of the things you need to address in your fundraising appeal, check out this article by Katya Andresen and Julie Stofer

I just blogged on why you should always remember to thank your donors, but here's another simple – but very effective – reminder of the importance of acknowledgements

I also really loved these tips from Karen Zapp on reviving a flagging direct mail program. 

What books, articles or sites inspire you? I’d love to hear about them in the comments section!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions? Comments? Concerns? Compliments? Post 'em here!